TOADS' theatre wardrobe has an extensive collection of costume for hire by other theatrical groups, schools and colleges.
TOADS Theatre Company has a number of facilities available for public hire.
The rehearsal rooms
There are two large upstairs rooms, carpeted, light and airy with central heating available. Between 20 and 30 people can be seated comfortably in each room. There are both kitchen and toilet facilities situated downstairs. The minimum booking is for two hours, with extra time charged at an hourly rate.
The coffee lounge
This is a downstairs carpeted room with seating and small tables which can be re-arranged. There are facilities to make drinks and serve light refreshments by arrangement. A maximum of 30 people can be seated in this room. The minimum booking is for two hours, with extra hours charged at an hourly rate.
This is a downstairs room with fixed banquette seating, and chairs, stools and tables that can be re-arranged. It is carpeted and has much of the original character of the building. Please note that our alcohol license only applies during performances. The minimum booking is for two hours, with extra hours charged at an hourly rate.
This is situated downstairs and can be accessed by a side ramped door if necessary. It will seat up to 240 people, in fully raked seating. Available for use are the stage, in front of tabs, and any lighting that is already set. Toilets are situated in the foyer, and refreshments can be supplied at an extra charge by negotiation with the catering manager. The auditorium may be booked for:
• 1/2 day to include normal lighting, with no re-setting of rigs.
• 1 day to include normal lighting, with no re-setting of rigs.
Extra lighting is available by negotiation with our Lighting Technician.
A large, free car park is available for our guests.
PERFORMANCE HIRE includes:
• The Little Theatre Box Office facilities, which are open as detailed in the left-hand section of this web page.
• Bar being open and staffed by TOADS' Theatre Company for each performance.
• Coffee shop being open and ice creams sold by TOADS' Theatre Company each performance.
• A TOADS' House Manager and Stage Manager in attendance for each performance.
Extras that you will need to allow for:
• Credit /debit card charges on tickets - 3.5% of price of tickets sold by card.
• Attendance of technical staff at dress/technical rehearsals if necessary.
• Hire of any equipment not in theatre stock.
If you would like to book a space at our theatre, please contact the theatre, with relevant details, using the contact form here:
Please note: there is no smoking allowed in any areas of the theatre.
TOADS Theatre Company
The Little Theatre
St Marks Road
Tel: +44 (0)1803 299330
Tuesday to Friday 10.00am - 12noon
Saturday matinees 1.30pm - 2.45pm
Performance evenings 6.30pm - 7.45pm
Shows commence 7.30pm sharp
Ticket prices (TOADS season plays): £14.00 per person
Concessions are available
On-line bookings will incur a processing fee of £2 per transaction (NOT per ticket)
Credit card/telephone bookings will incur NO extra charge