As a company we need many members to take an active roll in the many different aspects of the smooth and successful running of our theatre. We hope that, should you decide to join us, you will become a useful and integral part of our membership.
• Acting: We currently perform 9 plays a year, including the summer season. We have a series of auditions during the year, which are notified in our newsletter, The Croak. If you wish to be considered for a part in a play, you should attend the auditions and/or contact the relevant director.
• Backstage: There are many degrees of responsibility, and there are many different jobs such as lighting, sound, stage management, prompting, props or general help.
• Bar and coffee shop: These are both open before and during each performance, with the bar also open afterwards. We are always looking for pleasant staff to serve our customers and make them feel welcome. You would be expected to dress smart/casual in black and white.
• Directing: If you have experience in directing for other companies or would like to work alongside a director as an assistant, please contact our committee direct. Plays are submitted and selected at least a year in advance. All our new directors have to first assist one of our established directors before being allowed to go it alone.
• Front of house: We need people to sell programmes and ice-creams, check and collect tickets, and train as front-of-house managers. You would be expected to dress smart/casual in black and white.
• Set building: This is done during working hours in the week, and we are always looking for skilled woodworkers, painters, scenic artists and handymen.
• Wardrobe: We do have an extensive wardrobe run by our wardrobe team, but we are always looking for people to help them make/alter costumes, to help on the night with costume changes, and to help put away costumes after a production.
If you become a member you will have many benefits:
• Free scripts whenever you are involved in a production
• Free insurance cover when performing or on premises
• Free entry to all TOADS' season productions (not to other company productions)
• Free coffee/tea during productions and rehearsals
• A monthly newsletter
• A variety of social events
If you are interested in becoming a member a printable PDF membership form can be downloaded below. Alternatively, phone box office or email using our contact form. If you wish we can arrange for you to visit the theatre at a mutually convenient time, so that you can ask further questions and we can meet you and ascertain your interests and skills.
TOADS Theatre Company
The Little Theatre
St Marks Road
Tel: +44 (0)1803 299330
10.00am - 12noon Tuesday to Friday
1.30pm - 2.45pm Saturday matinees
Additionally 6.30pm - 7.45pm on performance evenings
Shows commence 7.30pm sharp
Ticket prices (TOADS season plays): £14.00 per person
Concessions are available
On-line bookings will incur a processing fee of £1 per transaction (NOT per ticket)
Credit card/telephone bookings will incur NO extra charge